The EY Summer Solstice Party is in full swing
Tonight’s drink of choice: Lemonade with Berry Ice Cubes – Vodka or Tequilla Optional of course!
The table’s are set up inside and out.
Cheesecake stuffed strawberries are almost too pretty to eat…almost!
Everyone’s dressed for the occasion…
And the weather has cooperated ~ a perfect 72 with sun & clouds – cool and comfortable.
And then – a full moon
The DJ – one awesome dude – put together a playlist that hit all the right notes.
One awesome dude’s party mix-a-roo…
There’s only one way to cap off this amazing evening
So glad you could join us!
Summer Solstice Party Recipes
Strawberry Spinach Salad
-Vidalia Onion (diced)
Dressing (Strawberry Vinaigrette):
-4 tsp. strawberry jam
-2 T balsamic vinegar
-1/3 C olive oil
-pinch of salt
-pinch of pepper
1. Combine ingredients into a blender or food processor.
2. Blend well. Pour over strawberry spinach salad with ingredients portioned to your liking.
Barbecue Short Ribs
-4 pounds beef short ribs
-1 tsp salt
-1 tsp pepper
-2/3 C brown sugar
-1 tsp paprika
-1 clove garlic
-1 T white vinegar
-1/2 tsp dried thyme
-2/3 C ketchup
-1 T yellow mustard
-1 T Worcestershire sauce
-Large baking dish
1. Preheat oven to 300.
2. Arrange short ribs in a baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and stir with spatula to combine.
3. Pour the sauce over the ribs and toss well to coat.
4. Cover dish with aluminum foil and roast until cooked through (abut 3 hours). Remove foil for the last 30 minutes of cooking.
-2 large peaches
-1 bottle apple cider
-12 sprigs fresh rosemary, for garnish
1. Heat grill to medium high heat.
2. Slice peaches into 12 wedges
3. Brush each side of each peach slice with cider and place them on the hot grill. Sear for 20-30 seconds on each side. The goal is not to cook the peach, but to imprint grill marks and caramelize the cider on the peach surface.
4. Garnish with rosemary sprigs.
Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
-1 head of cauliflower
-1 T cream cheese
-1/4 C grated parmesan
-1 clove garlic
-1/2 tsp salt
-pinch of pepper
-3 T unsalted butter
-dry chives (for garnish)
1. Boil a pot of water over high heat
2. Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces and cook in boiling water for approximately 6 minutes or until well done.
3. Drain cauliflower and dry between layers of paper towels.
4. Puree cauliflower in a food processor (or blender, or with an immersion blender in a bowl).
5. Add cream cheese, parmesan, garlic, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
6. Garnish with chives and butter.
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
-1 lb large strawberries
-8 oz. cream cheese, softened (can use 1/3 less fat)
-3-4 tbsp powdered sugar (4 tbsp for a sweeter filling)
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-graham cracker crumbs
1. Rinse strawberries and cut around the top of the strawberry. Remove the top and clean out with a paring knife, if necessary (some may already be hollow inside). Prep all strawberries and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Add cream cheese mix to a piping bag or ziploc with the corner snipped off.
3. Fill strawberries with cheesecake mixture. Once strawberries are filled, dip the top in graham cracker crumbs. If not serving immediately, refrigerate until serving.